NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

7-20-2021

Kitsunegari

Love the movie!

I presume you have something rather more ‘up-market’ than my humble Quark..?!

I ask, as I don’t know how you capture that seamless transition between the solar surface and the edge - you get a proper ‘overlap’ of details, whereas I get an ‘edge’, with little overlap nor detail….

Clear skies,

Damian

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TakMan said:

Love the movie!

I presume you have something rather more ‘up-market’ than my humble Quark..?!

I ask, as I don’t know how you capture that seamless transition between the solar surface and the edge - you get a proper ‘overlap’ of details, whereas I get an ‘edge’, with little overlap nor detail….

Clear skies,

Damian

I use a filter system that I developed myself,  there are literally only two in the world. 

It is composed of three 1.6 angstrom hardcoated ultra high transmission calcium filters centered at 393.37nm and i have developed my own tilt mechanism called skybender.

I do capture in 16bit mode , and typically you must boost your gamma up.  It is different for every camera / filter / barlow , but for my system i was running 2x2 bin with 16 bit mode, and gamma set at 20 for this particular session; capture speed was 60FPS.    I use fire capture to record the videos.

• Like 3

On 21/07/2021 at 02:55, Kitsunegari said:

I am not getting access to your high res. videos.

"Code 403 Invalid signature."