Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another diy pier

M40

Just to make sure that the clouds never go away, I have now started on my pier journey. I thought I would start by making the pier top using stuff I already had, so far the cost has been about £30 plus a few bits I already had. My plan is to make it strong enough to fit the HEQ5 extension piece on top.

This is the story so far, I have yet to drill the North peg but that can wait until I have it fitted to the pier, that's a few week away 🤔🤪

pier top 2.jpg

pier top 3.jpg

• Like 3

Moved on and more or less there....

We have an old house as such we have what was once an old concrete washing line post. The base of the post is at least 600mm deep solid concrete, I know this because I thought about digging it up years ago, anyways a bit of imagination turned it into this...

pier build.jpg

Thanks all, sorry about the clouds.

We have an East facing garden, the mount is roughly facing North in the last picture and in that spot that gives me a clear view of Polaris. Also in that location, to the South East I can just clear the roof top of the neighbour's house at about 20degrees so the plan is to get it set up, chuck the TG365 over the whole and wait for a clear morning and give Jupiter a go.

• Like 1