Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skymax 127 sensible upgrades...

9 hours ago, Tiny Clanger said:

However , I missed the  RDF for those bright things ... and now the shoe was full of RACI, and no way was I dismantling the mak to drill holes in it

I bought one of these off of ebay to allow for a 9x50 RACI, RDF/QuikFinder, and GLP to all be mounted simultaneously in the single finder foot.  They're quite sturdy and allow the RACI to almost be mounted in line with the altitude axis which is best for balancing purposes.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Don't sweat about getting a zoom-ocular in future.  I'm not a big fan, but I had to have one, to see what all the hoopla was about, so I bought one.  If you get a good one, it shan't be wasted.

It won't cover your lowest power, so you may want a 32mm Plossl for that.  

Think long and hard as to a finder, particularly with a non-goto mount.  I'm not cobbling together a 70mm optical-finder for my own just to show off, but it will be a wonder in its own right nonetheless.

• Like 2

On 06/06/2021 at 06:35, Geoff Lister said:

My version came with a 6x30 straight-through finderscope, and I replaced it with a 6x30 RACI version - much easier when aligning on high-altitude stars

i second the use of a raci with a small Mak , i started last night with a RDF but soon grew tired of craning my neck, the RACi is a joy to use 

• Like 1