Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Piggybacking a second scope

Hi,

I have an 8" Newt that is held in place with a pair of these...

SWRINGS.jpg

I have now acquired a second scope (102mm refractor) that I want to piggyback on the newt, then use either the newt or the refactor for having a stab at doing some imaging.

My numpty question is what is the easiest way to mount it? and how does it connect the ring mounts above?

I guess I need something like this...

adm_guidescope_finderscope_rings.jpg

But how does this connect the rings above, if at all?

Thanks,

David.

OK Thanks. I'm not sure the threaded post with the locking wheel comes out of the rings I currently have, although I'm sure I can pursuade it with some subtle 'molegrip' action.

Do you know what the thread is? I know its the same as a camera\tripod mount but that's it.

Thanks

David.

The camera attachment with the knurled wheel will easily be removed; a large star screwdriver from the inside will get it out. It's a standard 1/4" UNC thread, the same as your camera tripod etc.

Not sure, but the attachment threads in the guide rings MAYBE 6mm??? Someone who has them, will be along in a moment to confirm........

The rings in the first picture have threaded holes in the top and the rings in the second picture have holes in the bottom. You just bolt the two sets of rings together.

However, you will find that the distance between the guide rings is now too great to match your "102". In which case you will have to bolt a bar to the existing rings and mount the guide rings, the correct distance apart, to that bar.

HTH

Steve

i got exaclty the same, but with my vixen rings and losmandy 125mm rings.

i just made some holes that fits myself the best ( metric bolts )

The rings in the first picture have threaded holes in the top and the rings in the second picture have holes in the bottom. You just bolt the two sets of rings together.

Archived