NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First globular Cluster - M3 NGC 5272

Tommohawk

I've been astro imaging for a while now, but somehow never got round to doing clusters. Had a shortish window the other night (6th May) and I've got my 200P on the go at the moment so gave it a whirl.

RGB only, wasnt sure about exposure so went for my default 60seconds. Lost quite a few subs due to cloud and a period of wind. Also I notice that I have the same issue as Ive had with my refractor ie that subs after the meridian dont quite match properly which I've discovered seems to be due to sensor tilt. It barely shows if all the subs are AM or PM but its really obvious if I do a flip half way through. In this case I did the blues PM, and because the centroid is offset this causes green fringes on one side of bright stars. It's a right pain - I really dont want to have but a tilt adjustor. Yet another thing to fiddle with/go wrong/etc !

Anyhow, I discovered that if I do star colour calibration in Astro Pixel Processor, this gives much too yellow / gold an image, but it does seem to lose the green. I then rebalanced the colour in PS and I think I've got rid of the worst of it. 

200P, ASI1600 cool at -20C, 40xR 45xG 41xB at 60 secs, Gain 139 Offset 64, NINA, APP, PS.

Thanks for looking hope you like it - happy for comments/criticism!

1409122283_M3PS.thumb.png.3032b608c9aa09983ff16b0e8183c85b.png

• Like 12