NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is this goto mount worth

Hi all,

Admins please move or delete if I am going against community standards.

I have this synscan mount and I am looking at various options of upgrading, I want a WiFi connection so options are buy a WiFi adapter or replace with a AZ-GTI mount.

If I decide to go with the latter what is my old goto mount and tripod worth ?

This is not a for sale ad just a question on value 

16197687562664899299877948021360.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Rocket
Spelling

• Jimmy Rocket changed the title to What is this goto mount worth

Hard to say as scouting FLO's website these mounts don't appear to be available as a separate purchase to get some idea.  The only mount I found that looked similar is the SkyWatcher Star Discovery  WiFi mount at £350.  I tend to look at between 50% to 75% of the new cost as a fair price depending on the condition.  If the item has been kept in its box, and the box is in pristine condition then  around £250, if it's unboxed, but otherwise in good condition, £160 - £175.  But it depends on market trends.  At the moment astro gear is in short supply, so you could ask £300 and someone may want it !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soligor Rob said:

Have a look on ebay, and they are asking £200 with a telescope but getting no bids. I would think you'll be lucky to get £100 on it's own.

Yes seen the one you are taking about, maybe the 114 is the thing that's putting people off ?? If someone has say a 130 they wouldn't really want a 114 ? 

Maybe a goto tripod and mount on its own would sell better ??

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

If you're happy & familiar with the mount just put a wanted ad in SGL (and ABS UK as well) for SW wifi adapter, they can go cheap sometimes.

Already done that on SGL wanted 👍

Edited by Jimmy Rocket

I'd suggest the GoTo mount, and telescope, together, working fine and in good overall condition, would sell for around £200-£250, possibly more if enough people are intersted in buying it. That's my guestimate going by the pricing trends I've witnessed during recent months. I'd suggest you auction it on eBay with a starting amount that is the absolute minimum you would be happy to sell for, and see how the auction goes ? Best of luck my friend! 

Wes.