Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I-Optron CEM60 - Why is my Zero Position not with Counterweight rod pointing down ?

In a way this is not really an issue but just really curious why it is happening.

I can set the zero position so the counterweight rod is pointing straight down, as normal (as far as I am aware) and in fact the CEM60 has a search for zero position and that finishes with it in the straight down position.

But every night when I image my first goto is always a long way off when I plate solve. 
As I say not an issue because I plate solve I am on position in not time.

But at the end of the session when I come to power down and send my scope to zero via the handset it ends up with the counterweight bar arouund 10 to 20 degrees away from the straight down position.

Now I first noticed this about 3 months ago and I enabled Daylight Saving Time on the handset and I thought it stopped this happening.
So I guess I could de-select this again and see if any different.
But just thought I would ask if any others have this issue, if so do they just ignore it - am I just worrying about nothing ? Or is it something to do with daylight saving and GMT, because it probably is about an hour out of position ?
Does the mount know when it is GMT or BST ? As of course the clocks changed recently so if the mount does not know and this has to be done manually everytime that would account for it.

Steve

Also the time on the above handset picture, is one hour out....🤔 it was 08:33 when you took the picture...and it not 09:33 ..and you took nearly an hour again...

UTC plus one hour should show exact time, but yours is not...it’s as if your UTC time is an hour out....🤔🤔

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart1971 said:

I think I see what you have done...you have both DST set...and UTC + 1 hour, and you don’t need both, you just need the DST set, and not UTC + 1 hour, 👍🏼👍🏼

Yes it just dawned on me now as I was reading your post above. Ha Ha how daft am I.
I am not sure how this happened but yes another "operator Error" scenario.

But it does show what a Godsend Platesolving is as it always corrected the 1 hour error.

Thanks for the help 🙂 

Steve

• Like 1