Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonight's East Anglian meet

centroid

Yet another well attended meeting of the East Anglian group tonight, with Bill (Bill£), Bob & Trisha (Mr & Mrs Wobblybob), Dennis (roundycat), Steve (parallax), Ian (space hopper), Tony (mightymonoped), Graham (pixie), Dave (astrosnaps), and myself.

Arthur (milamber), came along as Ambermile Engineering to show us some very nice, and innovative, 'kit' that he has been developing. Thanks for that Arthur, it was indeed interesting preview of what is to come.

Also, nice to see Graham (pixie) coming along for the first time.

After a pretty clear and sunny day, as you would expect, as darkness fell, in came the cloud, and followed later by sleat and rain. :(

However, with Bill's doughnuts, Trisha's home baked fruit loaf, Tony's home baked buns, and tea and coffee to 'wash it down', we spent a very pleasant social evening. :)

We have a plan to hold a short notice meeting, if we see that a definite clear sky opportunity, is 'on the cards', so that we can make use of the dark sky location we have at the meeting venue.

This could be as short a notice as on the day of the meeting, and we will 'post' a notice in this section of the forum, and send PM's to those who are now regularly attending.

Other than that, we will aim to meet sometime towards the end of March.

Dave

Shame you couldn't make it Rog, there are definitely more doughnuts left over this time :):(

Hope you are feeling more rested and that you have a quieter week at work!

Thanks everyone for coming, even if you did make me feel jealous with all your "retirement talk"!! :)

As Dave says, with a bit of luck and weather planning we can get some observing done next time. However, we have also had some very useful tutorials at past meetings so if anyone has a topic they would like to discuss or they have something to present then let us know and we can put it on an agenda.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Cheers

Bill£ :lol:

Thanks Bill and Dave for yet another pleasant evening, Arthur showed us some very interesting kit, lets hope it goes well for him. Missed you Rog, mind there were more dougnuts for us :( . It was good to welcome Graham, a new member to the group.

Looking forward to a snap PM for a bit of observing at the hall.

Glad ya missed me Guys heheheheh , but anyway , as you may or may not know ,i have just got myself a mobile set up. HEQ5PRO with a mounted C8 and EQuinox 66, i think i have everything sorted , so hopefully for our next few meetings untill those long daylight days come , i can bring it along , anyone who has,nt imaged before , can have a go , and see what its like to do long exposure imaging. if that does not apply to anyone , then we can all muck in ,and itwill give me at least a chance to image due South .

Rog

Archived