Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Watcher Evostar 150ED Ds Pro.

I am thinking about purchasing a 150mm size Refractor, I can’t find much info on the Sky Watcher Evostar 150ED DS Pro.

Is it worth £1800? is there a better option at that price?

I am planning to mount it on an EQ6 tripod on the Altair Sabre mount.

Mainly visual use but will be attaching my DLSR to take some photos.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I don't think there is a better option at that price to be honest with you, even though the ED150 has had a substantial price hike recently.

The other option is the APM 152 ED F/8 which is nearly £1K more currently.

There are a few members of this forum who own the Skywatcher ED150 and they are very pleased with theirs.

This owner is UK based:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/693379-first-light-with-a-skywatcher-ed150/#entry9965092

Well it's been ordered and paid for now, waiting for my EQ6 tripod to arrive, been a bit of retail therapy FLO postage department have been busy wrapping me A Willaims Optics dielectric diagonal, a Baader 2" Clicklock Clamp, and I also bought an Altair Sabre V2 Mount.

So plenty to play with .😀

• Like 1

Hi Soligor Rob. Good choice! I have one and I think its very good for the money. I wrote my mini-review here:

I've used it a fair bit in the last month since I wrote that, and the more I use it, the more I like it! Still think the focusser could be better though its certainly adequate enough for visual use  I look foward to reading your first light report :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Mark, thanks for the link to your report, interesting reading, this scope is a birthday prezzie from my lovely wife so she'll be happy when she reads how good it performs.

We live in a bortle 4/5  and are lucky to have a 360" viewing area so i am getting quite excited about my new setup.

When I have it all sorted with the tripod and mount I'll write on hoe I'm getting on.

Edited by Soligor Rob