Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera image view changing?

tooth_dr

Im the opposite of an expert, and i dont have lenses that wide, but was just thinking of something.
I dont mean it offensive at all, and you have most likely control of  it since you made the post; you are pointing in the same place in the sky?
Since the lens is so wide and since you can see the horizon++ in all sides, it is acutally difficult to see.

Anyway, what i was thinking about, was, how does the vignetting of a flat frame look like? Is the vignetting also "offset"? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, masjstovel said:

Im the opposite of an expert, and i dont have lenses that wide, but was just thinking of something.
I dont mean it offensive at all, and you have most likely control of  it since you made the post; you are pointing in the same place in the sky?
Since the lens is so wide and since you can see the horizon++ in all sides, it is acutally difficult to see.

Anyway, what i was thinking about, was, how does the vignetting of a flat frame look like? Is the vignetting also "offset"? 

Thanks for the reply. It’s a fixed installation that can’t move.  If you see on the left side of the second image I now have cut off the FOV 

Ah, then i understand more why/what youre asking :D. Sorry, i should have known better!

Yes, i see the whole frame is panned to the right. Less on the left, more on the right, so thats why i asked. Was thinking a flat frame would illustrate/reveal the problem bette rif it was some misalignment/uncollimation between sensor and lens

Edited by masjstovel
  • Like 1

@paul mc c @masjstovel  I screwed off the dome part of the camera housing, and found that the lens was loose on the camera, just a 1/16 of turn.  This had caused the vignetting.  The only thing I did was turn on the heater between the above photos, but that looks like it was enough to cause it to loosen.  I have noticed that my camera temp is 33 deg C now whereas before it was 10 degrees or less.   The heater is 2.8W and it says to run on full power.   Ive attached a new photo from a few minutes ago.  Thank you both for your input.

image.thumb.png.1356a84a827dc22a75b108549d3917ba.png

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 2