Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi, you may have to update (or refresh) the Synscan flash memory to the latest or most recent update.

Just lookup Synscan update firmware, if you have not done it before. Doing so, I think will erase your User defined objects.

Unless there is a menu option in that menu location.

The manual is unhelpful on this point, indeed.  The user defined objects are numbered, so you can just overwrite them after selecting their number (confirmed). 

Is setting a user defined object the only way one can make a Synscan go to a RA+Dec position?  With a Nexstar one can enter a RA+Dec and goto it more directly.

Anothen minus for Synscan.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff
Stored objects can be overwritten

1 hour ago, Altair8389 said:

Hi, you may have to update (or refresh) the Synscan flash memory to the latest or most recent update.

Just lookup Synscan update firmware, if you have not done it before. Doing so, I think will erase your User defined objects.

Unless there is a menu option in that menu location.

Good suggestion, I will give it a try,  I suppose I could return to factory setting but would have to enter the details again...Dave

1 hour ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

s setting a user defined object the only way one can make a Synscan go to a RA+Dec position?

No, after inputting the RA and dec it will ask whether you want to save, at this point press the down arrow and it just gives an option to view the object instead, and won’t save it in the user defined memory....if that makes sense