NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSO imaging with the Sky-Watcher 200p and the cheapest DLSRs I could find

Chris

This was a first light imaging test for my new 200p. Also I picked up a couple of very cheap DLSR's because DLSR's have the sensor set back 44mm and I wanted to fully test the focus range for the 200p. I also bought the Baader mk3 coma corrector and did some before and after corner tests with that, and genuinely had fun trying to image in high winds with a telescope that has quite a lot of surface area! lol 

I had lots of fun with this one and probably spent a bit too much money as I've also bought some goodies for guiding, but you only live once hey :)

• Like 5

Love it! Reminds me of my foray into AP with a big 200p on a little EQ5 mount. Couldn't balance it with 2 counterweights! I wish I had kept it now having a bit more know how on how to do things!

Ps. Do either of those cameras have a mirror lock up function? It's to stop the camera shaking when the mirror flips up. You can set it to lock up a few seconds before the shutter opens and it gives a chance for the vibrations to settle down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Love it! Reminds me of my foray into AP with a big 200p on a little EQ5 mount. Couldn't balance it with 2 counterweights! I wish I had kept it now having a bit more know how on how to do things!

Ps. Do either of those cameras have a mirror lock up function? It's to stop the camera shaking when the mirror flips up. You can set it to lock up a few seconds before the shutter opens and it gives a chance for the vibrations to settle down.

Thanks David, Hindsight hey. There I was fumbling around in the dark trying to find something that equated to a mirror lock, then I forgot all about the idea afterwards, so thanks for the reminder! It turns out mirror lock is on page 12 of the Custom menu :)