Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

motor drive for old EQ3

neil phillips

Hi guys getting a Stella lyra 6 CC soon. Wondering if there is any RA  or dual motor drives that can still be got to fit this ? Looks like a old GSO EQ3 or some such

The RA drive attaches on a side bar as in this example Bottom pic  (not my mount just a example ) The top pic is my mount

Does anyone know if such RA drives can still be got 

EQ3.jpg

ra-motor-1.jpg

Edited by neil phillips

33 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

I will try and find out. Many thanks

I suspect that the Skywatcher drive won't fit your mount. The motor is attached to the side of the SW EQ3-2 by a bracket and connects to the RA shaft by a flexible coupling. I think this one Teleskop-Express: TS optics Motor drive for EQ3-1 mount (Jupiter, Starscope, Megastar) (teleskop-express.de) should fit.

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

I suspect that the Skywatcher drive won't fit your mount. The motor is attached to the side of the SW EQ3-2 by a bracket and connects to the RA shaft by a flexible coupling. I think this one Teleskop-Express: TS optics Motor drive for EQ3-1 mount (Jupiter, Starscope, Megastar) (teleskop-express.de) should fit.

Hey thanks Cornelius i will contact them and ask much appreciated 

• 4 weeks later...

Update ive been informed by TS germany that this mount is not called a EQ 3 but is called EQ4 Or skyview

Comparisons pictures underneath. Do my pics (on the bed) look like this comparison picture of a EQ4 ? skyview.  Apparently they do have a RA motor to fit it. But there is somekind of 1mm discrepancy (12 mm to 13 mm )

Which i didnt fully understand.  I will post the relevant part of the TS message. Hoping someone can concur with what i am being told by them. And or understand this 1mm difference in size, having to use a socket of somekind ? to bridge this gap. Anyway there email response is 

The motor will be coupled on the bolt which is on the side of the mount. The Motor has a 13mm hole - my engineer remembers that the bold was a little smaller (about 12mm) so you will have to us a socket to put them together....

Cheers for any feedback guys

classifieds-221776-0-72438400-1514502968.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00841.jpg