IC405 & IC410 - SHO

Adreneline

This is data from February that I've been playing around with trying to get the best (IMO) result. The 90+% Moon on the night didn't help with the OIII.

The image comprises 30 x 180s of SII, Ha and OIII pre-processed in APP, processed in PI and colour tweaked and cropped in Affinity.

Taken with the RedCat 51, ASI1600 and Astronomik NB 6nm filters, unguided on the CEM25-EC.

IC405-SHO-blend-HT-invert.thumb.jpg.fd55f7877afa84bfc6302122a945c903.jpg

As always C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 16

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

Wow, that looks so good. just loving the detail.

Thank you!

Glad you like it. I do think that the SHO palette can be very useful for helping to reveal structure and detail. It would probably be a good idea to collect the OIII again on a moonless night but as we all know a moonless clear night is a rare thing!

Adrian

15 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Great detail Adrian and those OIII areas must have been hard won under such a bright moon.  

Thanks Lee. I find Starnet a big help in being able to tease out detail in the nebula whilst not having to worry about what's happening to the stars. The new challenge is putting it all back together so the stars don't look 'stuck on'.

6 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Ha ha!  We have near copy cat images  Adrian.  very nice!

Thanks Martin. I've been copying myself! I've had several goes at this region using the 135mm Samyang, 200mm Canon and now the 250mm RedCat. Perhaps I should throw the lot into APP and see what comes out!

Adrian

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Thanks Lee. I find Starnet a big help in being able to tease out detail in the nebula whilst not having to worry about what's happening to the stars. The new challenge is putting it all back together so the stars don't look 'stuck on'.

Very nice Adrian. I really like the subtle colour palette in this. 

ps - To avoid the stars looking like discs when adding them back in, the key is to use 'Screen' Blend Mode and not 'Lighten'. I recently put up a guide on how to do this, see below:

3 minutes ago, Xiga said:

To avoid the stars looking like discs when adding them back in, the key is to use 'Screen' Blend Mode and not 'Lighten'. I recently put up a guide on how to do this

Thanks Ciarán.

I have tried Screen mode in the past but found the result not to be as good but I will now study your methodolgy and see how I get on.

Adrian

• Like 1