SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CCD Flats histogram to far left!

Rustang

Hi guys, I'm starting to do my calibration frames today, I'm using my LED light panel with paper. I'm using APT's Flats aid which is great, I know what ADU I'm aiming for and exposure time but my issue is with the Histogram, it seems to far over to the left, its not close to half way, is this ok or am I missing a setting?

Also is there a software to view fits files on my computer!?

IMG_20210228_133435.jpg

Edited by Rustang

• Rustang changed the title to CCD Flats histogram to far left!

The histogram is displaying the range from 1112 to 35399 and assuming the histogram is showing a linear display that makes the peak at around 28000 ADU which is fine. It's easiest to have the histogram showing the full range from 0 to 65535 to get a quick assessment of your ADU levels, rather than the min to max values of the image as you have.

Alan

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, symmetal said:

The histogram is displaying the range from 1112 to 35399 and assuming the histogram is showing a linear display that makes the peak at around 28000 ADU which is fine. It's easiest to have the histogram showing the full range from 0 to 65535 to get a quick assessment of your ADU levels, rather than the min to max values of the image as you have.

Alan

Ok thanks, I'm new to these settings so never changed the histogram settings etc. So I'm all good!? 

48 minutes ago, Doug64 said:

Fits Liberator allows you to view Fits images on your computer.

Doug

Thanks il look into that. I can view them on the laptop that runs everything but not the computer I use for editing etc.