NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Full moon ,what ha targets for tonight

iwols

Here's a cheeky one.....

Abell 12  ( the hidden planetary ).  (not my picture)      I tried it last night Ha and o3   with the Edge and Atik 414.  ... and there it was . Have yet to process.
Abell 12: The "Hidden" Planetary Nebula - Sky & Telescope - Sky & Telescope

Great thing is you do not need to find a bright star to re-check focus when you do the filter change.   There is a big convenient one in the FOV.

Located at the the top end of Orion....

http://astronomynow.com/images/Abell12.jpg

Edited by Craney
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Craney said:

Here's a cheeky one.....

Abell 12  ( the hidden planetary ).  (not my picture)      I tried it last night Ha and o3   with the Edge and Atik 414.  ... and there it was . Have yet to process.
Abell 12: The "Hidden" Planetary Nebula - Sky & Telescope - Sky & Telescope

Great thing is you do not need to find a bright star to re-check focus when you do the filter change.   There is a big convenient one in the FOV.

Located at the the top end of Orion....

http://astronomynow.com/images/Abell12.jpg

is this an Ha target only ,and let us see your image when processed ,would love to see what the edge and 414ex make of it,had the c8 edge a couple of years now and only had 2 outings

• Like 1

no probs..... I'm just setting up for tonight.   It appeared in Ha and O3... and looking on Astrobin, seems like the wavelengths of choice..... and Nitrogen !!! if you have one of those filters just lying around.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I then need a clear moonless day to get the RGB data, but God knows when I will get that.

Steve

When's the next Total Solar Eclipse in the UK ?? ....   you might  get 2 x 1 min   RGB   ...  at a push...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Abell 12   (The Hidden Planetary)

There yer go...   

Mu Orionis tends to dominate the processing.  Ha-O3 combined in PS.

273570192_HIDDENABELL12Ha-OIIIBiColorImage.thumb.jpg.a0db5bafad6920f6ba7524010f31ac65.jpg

Ha :  30mins  ( 10x3mins)   O3 27min  ( 9 x 3mins) :    C8Edge    Full 2000mm FL.  Atik 414ex Mono.

Edited by Craney
  • Like 2

@iwols

A couple more from last night.  If you have the focal length, then there are always a few smaller emission nebulae/objects dotted around the heavens away from the Moon.

I went for a few old favourites which are now in the Western sky, to get my 'eye' in again with the imaging  so to speak. It's been a while.  

922799407_HSTimage.thumb.jpg.e219d699bbebd5230e197a308fb526f6.jpg1803979160_HHHa-OIIIBiColorImage.thumb.jpg.d1466f8828f917990e500e0dfae3cbb6.jpg

Both with C8edgeHD with 0.7x, Atik 414ex .  Crab in SHO, HH in Ha-O3. ( although not much O3 in there)

• Like 2