Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon Feb 20th redo

neil phillips

8 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

This is outstanding Neil 👍 is this a mosaic or could you get the whole thing on the chip?  To be honest I've seen worse results from 11" SCTs! 

Thanks Craig. No not a single shot. I added 11 panes. The difficult thing is capturing with a EQ2 With no polar scope. And no hand controller. Just a single economy RA motor. The speed goes up and down like a yo yo. All the moving and placing of the image on the screen has to be done by hand by physically pulling the telescope around.

With the amount of drift im getting i am losing a lot of frames, And my pane times have to be quite short. That will change when i get my Old EQ3 some dual drives. Better will be coming for sure. I am surprised at the result with all the problems mentioned and the wind. Getting a 90mm F10 Frac tomorrow. So will be fun seeing what that can do. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1