Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Starsense Autoalign

Hi

First time poster so be gentle 😂. Does anyone have any experience of the Starsense Autoalign unit for Celestron scopes. I was looking to add it on to my Nexstar 8 and was wondering if it is worth the £350 price tag.

Edited by Ginge199
Wrong information

• Ginge199 changed the title to Celestron Starsense Autoalign

You will get some conflicting opinions, as some people clearly could not get along with it.

I have it installed on a C8 SE as part of a quick-deploy setup.  I can carry the whole assemblage out in one piece and have it working in a few minutes, and Starsense works well in this role.  On the other hand I have not found it to be more accurate than a 2-star auto align with the original handset.  I have also found it can be defeated by an over-bright sky in conditions when a 2-star or planet align could still be attempted.  But it can give a successful align even through patchy cloud cover.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ginge199 said:

Hi

First time poster so be gentle 😂. Does anyone have any experience of the Starsense Autoalign unit for Celestron scopes. I was looking to add it on to my Nexstar 8 and was wondering if it is worth the £350 price tag.

Nope!

5 hours ago, Ginge199 said:

Thanks. What you mention is exactly what I’m after. Good to know something is as good as they say it is before you shell out. Thanks again

Works well for me too! There have been a couple in the buy/sell section recently for a lot less than the new price (it should only be £300 new for the Celestron version, the Skywatcher compatible version costs more).

• Thanks 1