NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7331 and Stephens Quintet

russ

Well this is my effort from last night. Could have been a lot better had the Powerstation not failed.

There's actually about 8+ galaxies in this area of the sky. I think i've got 6 or so. The main galaxy is NGC7331, a mag 10.5 spiral. The other galaxies are mag 14 or fainter. There's a group right of centre which make up Stephen's Quintett.

6 x 1min images stacked. Really needed 25+ images. But this will be a good target from my dark site in the New Forest. I'm really looking forward to doing this one again.

Russ

Wow thats 2 amazing images today(yours and Ant's)

The Stephen's Quintet really does show up well in this photo russ, NGC7331 is Great! imagine what you could get from that forest matey :shock:.

Brilliant

James

Imagine what you'd get with just more frames... Nice one Russ I think that I can see maybe 9

it's difficult to try and explain where... I'll down load the image and sent them to you.

Fantastic image matey - I've looked forward to seeing that all day!

Ant

I've pulled a copy of this image and sent it to you Russ, There is AT LEAST 12 galaxies in there...

There is the 4 from the quintet plus NGC7331...

You've also got 4 fain fuzzies in ther region immediatley below NGC7331

NGC7336 Mag 15.4

NGC7335 Mag 14.5

NGC7337 Mag 15.4

NGC7340 Mag 14.9

Also you have another three (at least) fuzzies down towards the bottom middle.

NGC7343 Mag 14.3

UGC12132 Mag 15.48

PGC069387 Mag 14.63

All I can say is WOW!

that and I'm sure that there are other as well, but SN doesn't have then listed :shock:

TBH I'm amazed that you managed to get what you did with only 8 x 1 minute jobs... You got down to a confirmed Mag +15.4 - but to be honest there are other little fuzzies that I can't identify - so if you said they were MAg 16 i wouldn't be suprised.

Might have a go myself and see what I get - although 1 minute sems to be about my limit these days... not sure what happened to the 5 minutes unguided that I got last year. Can't get anywhere near that now.

Ant

Archived