Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Watcher AZ GTI

neilmack

My first experience with Sky Watcher. And I am struggling. I level the scope and point it north. I select a star on which to align. The mount shoots off in a seemingly random direction. I manually centre the intended object, and the mount is still clueless. I've tried it with one star and with two. On an iPad and an iPhone.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

Neil

52 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

What side of the mount is your scope positioned ? Left or right ? I read once that this matters . ( sorry if I’m wrong on this ) 

Your correct the scope has to point this way if you haven't updated the firmware to point in the other direction. 

IMG_20210210_221527.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neilmack said:

Thanks that seems to have fixed it.

That's great its working properly now, on mine I've installed the right arm firmware so I can mount my skymax 127 pointing the opposite way then I can use my finderscope without getting in contortionist mode to view through it. 

2 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

That's great its working properly now, on mine I've installed the right arm firmware so I can mount my skymax 127 pointing the opposite way then I can use my finderscope without getting in contortionist mode to view through it. 

I may face the same issue. The finder is now in a very finding-unfriendly position. Where did you get the firmware?

Thanks

Neil

• Like 1

I had exactly the same problem. The booklet that came with the mount could be clearer!

There is a discussion thread on this forum which give instructions,  you can find it if you search for

SW AZ - Gti mount firmware update??

Edited by GSmith