Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron C5 viewfinder screws

Two weeks ago,my C5 OTA struck the ground (I know,the horror!!!!).

All seems fine but I need to do a star test when the weather will allow me to....maybe in 2 months or so :)

Anyway...One of the plastic/nylon thumbscrews of the viewfinder also broke.

This afternoon I went to a hardware store but they can't help me because they only got metric stuff.

Does anyone know which size these are. I tried one of my Skywatcher 6x30 screws but they are too big.

My C5 is the black ota with orange letters and the original viewfinder.

Edited by NVDW

Dropped a C5? Dropped a C5? Dropped a C5? What an i**ot!  Anyway, with a caliper measuring 10 threads, divide by 10 will give a good result.   Incl the diameter you can find the right size in the lists.  Dropped a C5🙄

6625A4B6-3CE4-4E38-A85E-A9F037D3CC52.jpeg

F2310DDA-936B-48FD-87EE-5A2B30ACDC2D.jpeg

Edited by Robindonne

14 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Dropped a C5? Dropped a C5? Dropped a C5? What an i**ot!  Anyway, with a caliper measuring 10 threads, divide by 10 will give a good result.   Incl the diameter you can find the right size in the lists.  Dropped a C5🙄

6625A4B6-3CE4-4E38-A85E-A9F037D3CC52.jpeg

F2310DDA-936B-48FD-87EE-5A2B30ACDC2D.jpeg

Not a kind comment Robin, I trust others would be more understanding should you have the same misfortune.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Sorry.  Its that we are astro-penpals🙂.  Of course not my usual reaction to this kind of horror. 

No problem. Hope your pen pal appreciated it, and please don’t start writing to me! 🤪🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Sorry for not responding earlier. I didn't get a notification....

Yeah Robin can be a d**k sometimes :) He's Dutch you know...

I went to a hardware store and they couldn't help me. They didn't even bother to measure it. Going to try another shop this week but I don't think they even have these kind of screws.

Found some for the Meade 8x50 but I don't know if that would work. They look the same though.

And yeah...the moment it sled out of the mount....I was devastated but I have good hopes if I could ever collimate it again with this damn weather.

I think this is one of our biggest fears!