Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to get a Canon EOS R modified?

UKRoman

Hi All,

Would anyone know where I could get a Canon EOS R modified? I’m looking to get it modified for additional Ha sensitivity but with the option for daytime photography using a custom white balance or OWB clip-in filter?

Thanks

Yeah I’m guessing the Christmas holidays might slow down any response. 

I emailed Andy from Astronomiser, who got back to me quickly. Unfortunately he said that he doesn’t convert mirrorless cameras yet, only DSLRs. 

I did have a Canon 800D camera modified by Baader in Germany earlier in the year. They did a fantastic job. But they’ve removed the UK from their website as a country that they provide direct services too, presumably because of Brexit. In any case they only modify APSC cameras. 

The other company I’ve spotted is JTW Astronomy in Holland. I’ve not approached them yet as they seem to get mixed reviews in terms of the amount of time they take to do the work. Though most people seem happy with the work they eventually do. 

I’ll leave it a week or two to see if Juan replies to my enquiry. 

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Edited by UKRoman