Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Awful night - poor Christmas Tree, Fox Fur and Cone ;-(

steppenwolf

I posted last night about the appalling seeing conditions last night in this thread but decided to have a try anyway as I am still evaluating the Astro-Tech 106.

The conditions didn't improve unfortunately and I ended up discarding 13 of my 43 X 300 second subs - a failure rate I have never suffered before!! I really don't know what was wrong with the sky last night but the largest image pixel value was only 28678.379 in the stacked image so I did not have high hopes for the finished image. My worst fears were realised when I started to process the 30 images that were 'better' than the discarded ones! Here it is, warts and all - I will have to visit this object again! If anyone has an explanation for whay the conditions were so strange for imaging, I'd love to know!

cone_260109_l.jpg

Not bad for a 'carp' Steve, actually it's more obvious if your 'mirror' it (sorry)...

I struggled with the dewing and frost last evening so there was loads of moisture as well as the mist coming and going.

Mark

Yup i can see a carp as well Steve, the reflection nebeula has come out really well , but as we know that emission nebulosity needs ultre good skies ,i even struggle with the 16hr to get a good image , maybe we should all move to Eddies location in Wales ehheheheh .

Rog :):(

Archived