NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Broken QHY5III-290c

Jarvo

My QHY5III290C has stopped working. I was imaging Mars then slewed over over to the Moon and it stopped working. I fear I may have blown the chip by moving straight to the Moon without reducing exposure.

Is it possible to damage the sensor this way? Can I reset the chip or camera? If so how would I do that?

Further information: When you plug the camera into the laptop, the laptop makes a noise to recognise the new device but the field of view is just grey with a line down the centre

It feels like my options are:

1) Reset the chip / camera if its possible;
2) Arrange for it to be looked at and fixed; or
3) Scrap it and buy a new camera - don’t really want to do this as I love my camera :)

Hoping someone has some ideas. Thanks for looking. 

Steve

I'm not aware that's possible to damage a camera with overexposure. It's a very common thing to do.

Try a different PC/different cable. If there's no change in what you see on the screen when you move the camera from a dark to a light place then it doesn't sound good, but I'm not familiar with QHY cameras.

Did Windowz do an update and screw up your drivers... or was it the usual sound when plugging/unplugging a usb device maybe have a look in device manager and see what driver is loaded for your camera that is of course if you are using windows. Did your mount snag a cable?

45 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

the laptop makes a noise to recognise the new device

Edited by fozzybear

15 minutes ago, rnobleeddy said:

I'm not aware that's possible to damage a camera with overexposure. It's a very common thing to do.

Try a different PC/different cable. If there's no change in what you see on the screen when you move the camera from a dark to a light place then it doesn't sound good, but I'm not familiar with QHY cameras.

Don’t think it’s the cable as I tried an old DBK camera which looked ok