Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 22:13, vlaiv said:

Reminded me of Ronja :D

http://ronja.twibright.com/tetrapolis/spec.php

It uses lens for transmission part:

http://images.twibright.com/tns/lvl3/1409.jpg

I guess small mak would have much better performance than these Chinese magnifying glasses :D. Still interesting project for anyone interested.

Reminded me of a project "Light Beam Communicator" in "Electronic Novelties for the Constructor" by EM Bradley (which predates the invention of the laser), one of the first books on electronics I had as a lad in the early 1960's

image.thumb.jpeg.3cea0db193fb4f6cd4aaceb7179fb62a.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/06/2022 at 21:09, robin_astro said:

Reminded me of a project "Light Beam Communicator" in "Electronic Novelties for the Constructor" by EM Bradley (which predates the invention of the laser), one of the first books on electronics I had as a lad in the early 1960's

Boys, huh? Because girls really would not have been interested in talking to each other back then and, of course, electronics would not have been a suitable interest either! Thankfully things have changed. V1 and V2 are some strange looking transistors! ;)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mandy D said:

Thankfully things have changed.

Amen to that, though there is still some way to go in Physics. When I started my degree in 1969 there were just three women in my year (~5%). That has improved to ~25% now I understand

Cheers

Robin

• Like 1