Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie greeting and question...

Mr Jones

Hi folks.

After many years of dreaming, I finally managed to pull together a pukka planetary observing set up.

Its been extremely exciting over the past 10 weeks. Looking at my new kit. Looking at the weather forecast. Looking at my kit. Looking at another forecast. Staring at the sky out of my windows.

As a newbie, I am unsure of the scientific reality of whats going on. So your help would be appreciated. How long does this damn curse last after buying new equipment? When will the ☁️  clear? Will it ever stop 🌧? 

Urgh...

2 hours ago, Mr Jones said:

Hi folks.

After many years of dreaming, I finally managed to pull together a pukka planetary observing set up.

Its been extremely exciting over the past 10 weeks. Looking at my new kit. Looking at the weather forecast. Looking at my kit. Looking at another forecast. Staring at the sky out of my windows.

As a newbie, I am unsure of the scientific reality of whats going on. So your help would be appreciated. How long does this damn curse last after buying new equipment? When will the ☁️  clear? Will it ever stop 🌧? 

Urgh...

It’s actually very simple to break the curse, you only need to sell all your kit, the sky will immediately clear as if by magic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At the moment we have a pandemic which is causing an increase in astro interest and a decrease in gear availability. Therefore, Sod's law requires those who failed to acquire gear due to the aforementioned circumstances should receive clear skies whilst those who managed to acquire it are punished with clouds.

You could take up cloud-spotting, whereupon the skies will be devoid. Unfortunately, it probably requires you to sacrifice all your astro gear.  😞

Edited by wulfrun
  • Sad 1