NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stock Levels

neilmack

Is it because I have been out of the market for a while, or is there really a shortage of stuff on the shelves with the major dealers? And, if so, is that because more folk are pursuing the hobby during lockdown, or because the Bat 'Flu has disrupted supplies?

I'm struggling to find things to squander money on!

1 hour ago, neilmack said:

Is it because I have been out of the market for a while, or is there really a shortage of stuff on the shelves with the major dealers? And, if so, is that because more folk are pursuing the hobby during lockdown, or because the Bat 'Flu has disrupted supplies?

I'm struggling to find things to squander money on!

A bit of both, I think.  Steve@FLO said that lockdown resulted in a noticeable boost to sales, but the virus has disrupted manufacturing and even if that is now recovering there appear to be all sorts of congestion issues at British docks (perhaps not just British, to be fair) meaning that new goods and materials can't even be landed.  There was a piece on the BBC News site a couple of days back suggesting that at least one problem is that many empty shipping containers are not getting back to the exporters and are just clogging up ports instead.

James