NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heq5 not slewing

6 minutes ago, Kryptic said:

Just an idea - red led flashes when you try to slew? This suggests low voltage 

What power source are you using?

Maybe that’s the issue. This is what I’m using. I use this with my lightrack ii

TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank with Charger, Black (Multi-led Indicator) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ME3ZH7C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_PWUTFb1Z30ZVY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

6 minutes ago, Kryptic said:

Just an idea - red led flashes when you try to slew? This suggests low voltage 

What power source are you using?

Well spotted, i just noticed that. And that power supply looks nowhere near powerful  enough. 

Mohib, do you have a mains to 12v adaptor laying around you could try ? at least 3Amp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mohib said:

Maybe that’s the issue. This is what I’m using. I use this with my lightrack ii

TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank with Charger, Black (Multi-led Indicator) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ME3ZH7C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_PWUTFb1Z30ZVY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That could be your issue, just read the add and its a non contstant 1 amp. 

1 minute ago, johngm said:

Well spotted, i just noticed that. And that power supply looks nowhere near powerful  enough. 

Mohib, do you have a mains to 12v adaptor laying around you could try ? at least 3Amp

I don’t think I’ve. Is it mains to 12v DC?  Can I try running with the car adapter that it came with?

First thing I spotted in the video was the power supply. I'm willing to bet it cannot supply enough power for the mount. I had a similar issue once with a power supply and extension cable. Made the right noises but nothing happened on the mount.

4 minutes ago, Mohib said:

I don’t think I’ve. Is it mains to 12v DC?  Can I try running with the car adapter that it came with?

Yes, can you move it by your car and plug it in to the cigar lighter. Full battery will be OK to at least prove the mount is OK

6 minutes ago, Mohib said:

Is it mains to 12v DC?

Be careful what 12V DC you might have lying around in the house. It has to be centre positive or you can damage the board in the mount.

Try the cigarette lighter, that'll work.

• Like 1

The reason it is making that noise is because the voltage of that cell has dropped below 12v since you used it earlier when it probably had more charge. It cannot supply enough power to the mount which needs 12v at 3 Amps minimum when slewing. The voltage needs to be constant and not drop when under load as appears to have happened.

That power source is not suitable and you need a mains(line) power supply that can supply 12v (nominally 13.8v) such as a ham radio/CB regulated power supply. From the link you posted to amazon.com I’m guessing you are not in the UK? The line voltage in the UK is 230v so may well be different in your country. Whatever try to get a power supply which provides the correct voltage/current or has already been mentioned use the supplied cigarette lighter cord that came with the mount and try it out with a car socket.

3 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

The reason it is making that noise is because the voltage of that cell has dropped below 12v since you used it earlier when it probably had more charge. It cannot supply enough power to the mount which needs 12v at 3 Amps minimum when slewing. The voltage needs to be constant and not drop when under load as appears to have happened.

That power source is not suitable and you need a mains(line) power supply that can supply 12v (nominally 13.8v) such as a ham radio/CB regulated power supply. From the link you posted to amazon.com I’m guessing you are not in the UK? The line voltage in the UK is 230v so may well be different in your country. Whatever try to get a power supply which provides the correct voltage/current or has already been mentioned use the supplied cigarette lighter cord that came with the mount and try it out with a car socket.

Thank you. It worked with the car socket. I’ll invest in a proper portable battery soon or get the AC/DC adapter. 

5 hours ago, Mohib said:

Thank you so much for the help. It is working with the car cig port. I’ll invest in a proper portable battery soon but thanks again for all your help. Clear skies!

So pleased it worked, and grateful for the feed back. Happy Stargazing 😀 😀