NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Azimuth bolts

Adidaz 29

I was doing a polar alignment last night when I noticed that when I used the azimuth bolt to line the pole star on the clock recticle  .it would not quite get Polaris as I had tightened the left sided bolt it would not move any more so I loosened them both right up but it still wouldn’t let me get on Polaris by about 10 mil it seem to go more to the right than left . Tried losening  one bolt the tighning the other but stil would go right to Polaris and I it was not screwing any more just needed a bit more play  .never had this problem before any suggestions thanks

When I set up, I try to have the Alt/Az bolts so that the rod is in the middle, and then make sure the tripod N leg is pointing towards polaris, step back and make sure the North leg is central compared to the other two and Polaris is roughly above.  This will enable you to get sufficient adjustment to the Alt/Az bolts. 

carole