Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Takahashi Epsilon 160

Just spotted that Takahashi are releasing a newly designed version of the old 160. Sitting nicely between the 130 and 180. I've been searching for a secondhand 180 but this might be a better option as it's lighter and easier to handle, at F/3.3 it's more forgiving and it's claimed to have better corection than the 180.

In fact the most exciting feature of the new scope is that it will be available with a 1.5 extender giving a focal length of 800mm from 530mm at F/5. Two scopes in one😁

https://teleskop-austria.at/Epsilon160ED_Epsilon-160ED-nur-Tubus

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Wow - very nice, butΒ wallet bruising, that’s for sure.Β Wonder if the extender will be usable with the 130?

Selling the 130 will ease the bruising:D. I would assume it's specific to the 160 as the extender is also a corrector. Maybe they'll release one for the 130 too.

You fancy a second one Mark? Dual visual, one for each eye!

Edited by Allinthehead

33 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Selling the 130 will ease the bruising:D. I would assume it's specific to the 160 as the extender is also a corrector. Maybe they'll release one for the 130 too.

You fancy a second one Mark? Dual visual, one for each eye!

Haha - I’d also need a second night vision eyepiece/tripod/mountΒ too - think I’d have to clear that with Mrs Highburymark......

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Order placed for this beauty and sale agreed on the 130. Now the waiting game. Hopefully this is the scope that puts an end to my buying and selling roundabout, it seems as soon as I get them performing well I decide to sell.

I'll believe that when I see it ;)

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Just checked the tracking number I got from dhl and the scope is only up the road from me sitting in a warehouse, but it won't be delivered until Monday. πŸ˜₯ Oh well perma cloud for the next month anyway after buying a scope like this.

Excellent Richard - wish you all the best for the new scope. I’ll be following your posts with interest.

• 1 month later...