SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is this guy for real

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or as I put on the bottom of job refrences...

"Sets himself consistently low targets and fails to achieve them!!"

Not a bad effort, I suppose. I think he got himself a TIG welder with his birthday money!

Not worth £150 :shock:

I wasn't "having a go", I was asking how hard it was to support a 125mm Mak (any make :lol:)? does it really need a "pier"? As I said before, IMHO the guy is letting the effort (>£150?) he put into making the pier cloud how much he thinks it is worth to others (<£150?). It's pretty common amongst poeple who "do-up" cars, restore antiques etc for a living.

Please Edit at will...................

The problem with this sort of hand made stuff on the web is that it has no testing or certificate..

The guy's made this pier up, you go and buy it for £150 You put your scope on it and it may be fine....

On the other hand you're out there one night with your son or daughter a weld fails and the whole thing comes crashing down.

There would be no comeback....

It's one thing to make one of these piers up for his mates and charge a few quid for expenses, it's another to go and charge £150 and sell them on e-bay..

Perhaps it's me....I'm turning out to be a old fuddy duddy!!

OK Guys Settle down :violent1: ( dam it am I the only guy thats not a Mod Here :lol::) )

I think if he spent a little time making the item look a bit better ( ie some paint, maybe sky watcher :sick: blue and maybe tidied his back yard a bit he might stand a chance of getting £100 for it, But £150 and £20 post and packing is a bit steep.

Mark

We've had.....

Meade bashing

Skywatcher bashing

Antares plossl bashing......

Now it's...

"Build your own pier and sell it on e-bay" Bashing!!!! :lol::) :)

Toot, Toot..... That's my taxi!!

I'll ask him :lol:

For what it's worth the asking price does reflect his enginerring skills and work he has put in but i can't see how it's justified by the asking price myself but thats just IMHO.

James

I just hope the poor guy doesn't join the forum, and find out that you lot have been ripping his pride and joy to bits....

OH MY GOD - He's not a big Scottish bloke is he :shock: :shock:

I just hope the poor guy doesn't join the forum, and find out that you lot have been ripping his pride and joy to bits....

OH MY GOD - He's not a big Scottish bloke is he :shock: :shock:

A truly excellent pier :lol:

Archived