SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion Nebula - Pixel 5

Hello

Another test. I'm liking this phone.

The Orion Nebula. Do let me know if it isn't! There is a lot to look at and just a beginner.

The picture used the Pixel 5 astrophotography mode and was a 4 minute exposure. The only adjustment i have made is using the Blackpoint on the available phone photo tools.

I've added a video i recorded too so you can see the difference.

5:40am
Pixel 5
Bresser ar102/460xs
Televue Plossl 25mm

Thanks

orion.png

Edited by Dean Hale
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, callisto said:

Just keep at it and learn the ropes, you will soon be a pro ;)

Mark

Long way to go yet. Got rid of the chroma. It's a whole new world - levels, curves, unsharp, gradients, defringe and so on.

I wish i'd wrote down what i did from the beginning! Only started taking notes half way through. Lesson learnt. It's very enjoyable though and now something to do when cloudy.

orion-271020-0540.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil H said:

Hi Dean great photo i have tried it with my samsung galaxy i cant get one than 1 min exposure the colours are just starting to show so compared with yours mine are poor

Great job Dean 

Thank you Neil.
I think more of beginners luck such as the first time you but a lottery ticket or have a flutter. You get a nice win then after that zilch. I think that's where i'm heading.

Got up at 3am this morning to have a few hours before work owing to cloud over the next few days. Took loads of photos and on the phone. They looked ok imported into Photoshop and all pretty much unusable. Pah!

Doing astrophotography on a mobile phone is hard but it can be done i have not mastered it yet i do have the ASL224mc planetary camera which i am going to try later on 

It finding the right software for the phone to give you more control tried open camera plus the galaxy pro settings but cant get a long exposure