Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 Qs (one on Vixen SP, the other on WO EZtouch or Ayo2)

vineyard

Hello,

I'm v much a newbie on mount tweaks, and so had two Qs pls on these mounts.

1.  On the Vixen SP, the setting circles are meant to rotate right?  There don't seem to be any set screws - a tiny allen bolt on one & nothing on the other.  So right now the setting circles don't rotate so I can't use them.  Is it that they need to be lubricated or am I doing something really daft?

2.  On the EZtouch (or I guess also on Ayo2) does anyone know whether this saddle can be taken off and replaced?  The other side of the mount can be, but on this side I can't see any screws or anything - does that mean that side is stuck w that saddle (I'd ideally like to replace it with a clamping one, or at least one with two screws)?

Thank you!

Vin

0YoloRwXTk+7V+uhvLA8Cg.jpg

18 minutes ago, vineyard said:

On the EZtouch (or I guess also on Ayo2) does anyone know whether this saddle can be taken off and replaced?  The other side of the mount can be, but on this side I can't see any screws or anything - does that mean that side is stuck w that saddle (I'd ideally like to replace it with a clamping one, or at least one with two screws)?

Not tried that, Vin. I use that side to attach a counterweight arm:

IMG_3072.jpg.b0e9df73d2b293425c27aa0423433a5d.jpg

45 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Not tried that, Vin. I use that side to attach a counterweight arm:

That's a good idea.  I'd like to occasionally have a little wide-field there at the same time, and would prefer to not be reliant on a single point of failure.  But cannot for the life of me figure out Beat Kohler managed to fit that saddle on like that!

Yes the setting circles on the Vixen SP don’t work as they should.

I added a small locking screw to mine by drilling through the setting circle and tapping a thread.

But even then they were not very accurate to be honest.

Edited by dweller25
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dweller25 said:

Yes the setting circles on the Vixen SP don’t work as they should.

I added a small locking screw to mine by drilling through the setting circle and tapping a thread.

But even then they were not very accurate to be honest.

Ah, thanks - I suppose I'm glad it's not just me being daft but that's a pity.  Star-hopping w a Telrad it is then!  Cheers.