Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your thoughts on the Atik 314L

Hi ya gang,

As the title says, I'm looking for your thoughts on the Atik 314L, I want to get back into imaging (I like doing Ha stuff) and I've been saving for what seems like forever for a new camera and now I'm ready to buy.

So if you have any comments about this model in particular, good or bad or any other suggestions I'd really like to hear them before I go ahead.

I've also been considering the QHY8 but I'm not sure if I want to go down the OSC road or not.

Cheers all

Roy

My thoughts - it's a lot of money. Think of all the shiny EPs you could buy instead. Also, it's not very nice to look at.

But then, I'm no astrophographer, so what do I know? I'm sure that you'll have hours of fun with it and will take some great photos which will be nice to look at!

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy.

Someone who knows more will be along in a mo to comment. In the mean time, here's some music...dum, de, dum, da-dah, de dum dee

Think of all the shiny EPs you could buy instead. Also, it's not very nice to look at.

Shiny EP's are not a lot of use when it comes to imaging though are they and as far as the way it looks, does that really matter when your in a shed in the dark :?

Thanks for your opinion though :)

Cheers Rog, I'm looking forward to getting back into things although I'll be starting from scratch, my whole set up is new so I'll have to start at the beginning but it'll be fun.

I read on UKAI that Atik had dropped the price on the 314L which helped me make my decision, so that was a small bonus :thumbright:

Superb cam, one of the most sensitive CCD's you can get, great support, superb software bundled with it, total no brainer product IMHO..

Nice purchase...I have one, and love it to bits ~(and had the Atik 16HR/285 before that)

Also now got access to a 4021, which is not as sensitive, but has a bigger FOV, complements the 314L brilliantly

agreed there Steve.

pity they dont do a 11MP mono version.

i hear sony are ploughing their resources into CMOS sensors. Ones for mobile phones, with 1.4um 12MP sensors.

It may be a while before an astro CMOS is produced, mind you, astro isnt the major market for CMOS. Mind you, it wasnt for CCd's either.

paul

Archived