Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars in September

Eris

I have managed to get a few images of Mars over the past month despite rather poor atmospherics at my site (I have to observe over houses which does not help) but I am pretty happy with the initial results and look forward to grabbing some clear nights in October.

Three of the images are taken with an 8" Edge HD scope and another with a newly acquired C11 scope.  It is interesting to see the difference in resolution between the two scopes in the two of the shots of the Meridiani Planum region taken under very similar conditions.  The C11 image, whilst still very soft, does hint at more detail within the surface features.  Fingers crossed I will manage to get some stable conditions to push the C11.  I do think the recent purchase of the ASI 290mm has also helped obtain some images under less than ideal conditions due to its very fast frame capture rate.  The RED and IR channels were up around 100 - 130fps.  Green and Blue were 90 and 80(ish)fps respectively.

Clear skies all.

Rob   

2020-09-05_02_45_IR-RGB_RBU.jpg

2020-09-14_01_45_RGB_RBU.jpg

2020-09-17_2330_IR-RGB_RBU.jpg

2020-09-21_0041_IR-RGB_RBU.jpg

2020-09-26_00_51_IRRGB_RBU.jpg

• Like 10