NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone know about: TSAZGP mount?

Greymouser

That is the: TS-Optics Altazimuth Mount with Fine Adjustment and Quick Release  mount. Has anyone used this mount? I am tempted, as the Skywatcher AZ5 is out of stock and this seems to be similar, in fact better on paper, with a 8 KG payload, compared to a 5KG payload on the AZ5. Is it too good to be true? Or is this another decent German bargain?

I too considered this mount as it can have encoders. However, the reviews were a bit scathing saying it didn't even get close to it's quoted payload.

The SW AZ 5 is really good for the price. I have one 0n a 1.75 steel tripod. The 5kg payload is quoted with the bundled tripod. It's 9kg with a steel tripod. Buy the head and extension only and add your own tripod. It's a 3/8 photo thread so options are endless. It's worth waiting for at It's price.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Steve Clay said:

I too considered this mount as it can have encoders. However, the reviews were a bit scathing saying it didn't even get close to it's quoted payload.

The SW AZ 5 is really good for the price. I have one 0n a 1.75 steel tripod. The 5kg payload is quoted with the bundled tripod. It's 9kg with a steel tripod. Buy the head and extension only and add your own tripod. It's a 3/8 photo thread so options are endless. It's worth waiting for at It's price.

Steve

I'm sure that the above is accurate but it is also worth remembering that the tube length is just as important as it's weight in determining what scope a particular mount can perform well with :smiley:

• Like 2