Narrowband OSC NGC7000

Graham Darke

That's come out quite well, the color of the target in general is ok,

but for some reason the edges going vertical seem over white on both sides

what what it seems like on my monitor, almost like over done flats.

probably not the case.

well done 

Paul

10 hours ago, Lee_P said:

Great picture! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the L-eXtreme filter, I'm considering getting one myself.

Thanks Lee. I’m really impressed with the filter so far. It’s not cheap but for use with a colour camera I think it’s the best out there presently for emission nebulae. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Graham Darke said:

Thanks Lee. I’m really impressed with the filter so far. It’s not cheap but for use with a colour camera I think it’s the best out there presently for emission nebulae. 

That's good to know! What's your level of light pollution like? I'm in a city centre and previously used mono + filters which were great, but really I'm after a simpler workflow. I'm hoping that the L-eXtreme could be the answer.

1 hour ago, Graham Darke said:

This shot was taken from my caravan in Cumbria where it’s Bortle 3 but I live a Bortle 8/9 Tyne & Wear. Here’s a shot from home with it. The Witch’s Broom. 

4467F40C-3E93-4B80-A86E-27A6E2B2ED62.jpeg

That's another great shot, thanks for sharing. Have you ever done imaging with mono +filters, to offer comparisons?

Great image Graham, especially version 2!

I am extra pleased to see this image since I bought the same flatfield quadruplet Apo (TS 71SDQ) from TS in February to use as a travel scope. Then, no travel happened, and we all know why, and I have not really got around to test it properly. It is made by Sharpstar and for some reason TS have stopped selling the scope which made me slightly worried. But your image suggest that the flat field works and you have nice round stars in all the corners, at least in your exemplar. I assume you are totally happy with it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Great image Graham, especially version 2!

I am extra pleased to see this image since I bought the same flatfield quadruplet Apo (TS 71SDQ) from TS in February to use as a travel scope. Then, no travel happened, and we all know why, and I have not really got around to test it properly. It is made by Sharpstar and for some reason TS have stopped selling the scope which made me slightly worried. But your image suggest that the flat field works and you have nice round stars in all the corners, at least in your exemplar. I assume you are totally happy with it?

Really pleased with it Gorann. I used to have the 65q but sold it and instantly regretted it afterwards. I love having a flat field with no messing around with flattener spacing. It’s super portable and goes with me to my caravan whenever I can. 

• Thanks 1