NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

think my shark escaped

iwols

hi guys just wondered what happend to my shark neb (ldn1235),after seeing some great images of this recently decided to give it a go ,only 20 mins each of rgb,but i just cant see it coming through like you usually can,or where the head should be ,is this worth persuing,any suggestions appreciated

shark1.png.e37644f574aea560f9ec7ee1b3d3996e.png

Edited by iwols

You have to realise that LDN targets are usually quite difficult and require a lot of exposure and/or very fast optics. But, I can see the dark stuff in your image - you just need to calibrate and flatten the background correctly in order for you to process it properly. Remember... youre looking for black, in the blackness of space, so you need to have plenty of exposure so the dust has something to "stand out" against.

LBN are the same, sometimes theyre Ha, but other times its just faint dust illuminated by nearby stars (L) - witch head nebula is an example. And it can be all but impossible from your average back garden location (even with a CCD).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davey-T said:

You need some luminance, this is a single 20 minute L sub from a dark site , longer focal length and decorated with satellite trails.

Dave

Thats a depressing amount of satellite trails  =/   and its only going to get worse :(

• Sad 1