Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Samyang 135 first light

Stardust

It's a start after the summer shut down.  I'be been itching to try one of these lenses so bought I used to see how they are. This is the first test on an astrotrac mount.

10 x 120 second exposures on my regular Fuji Xt2 no calibration frames. Idas LP filter

ps.jpg

• Like 10

On 14/09/2020 at 12:18, Stardust said:

It's a start after the summer shut down.  I'be been itching to try one of these lenses so bought I used to see how they are. This is the first test on an astrotrac mount.

10 x 120 second exposures on my regular Fuji Xt2 no calibration frames. Idas LP filter

ps.jpg

Very nice image. Seeing all these images done with the samyang 135mm has convinced me to buy one. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I'm pleased with the star shapes and that it gives a decent image at f2, not many lenses are good wide open. Might try f2.8 and will do calibration frames next but pleased what an unmodded camera has picked up. I was on the fence for ages but glad i bought one

Edited by Stardust
  • Like 1