SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SW Esprit 100ED accessories mounting ideas

Hi folks,

I just upgraded my main imaging scope to a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100Ed. I'm currently looking for ideas to attach my 60mm guide scope and mini-PC with Pegasus Powerbox on top of the main scope. Probably an additional plate might help help?

Anyone mind sharing some pictures as a reference?

Many thanks in advance.

Jairo

• Like 1

Hello Jairo,

All I did for my 120, which I think has a bit more space between the rings, was cut a bit of 18mm MDF, drilled and countersunk it for the bolt locations then sprayed it black.

The guide scope is bolted through the MDF top plate and straddles the front ring so should be reasonably stiff, it guides well. Pegasus pocket power box and raspberry pi are just held down by self-adhesive velcro.

The little red box is just a high current capable buck converter to power the Pi4 from the 12v pocket power box, rather poorly hung off the side of the pi....

IMG_20200911_224105.thumb.jpg.13775f80519de215363e8f0568bdf150.jpg

The dodgy brown colour of the guide scope is because it spent a summer near a window a few years ago - you can see where I've had to slide it forward in the rings to get it to fit now it has stuff behind it. Still working nicely!