Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrozap Light Shroud for 12" Skywatcher Flextube

FLO

Tom, Jamie, John,

I had a riveting time last night repricing our Astrozap products :)

We got around two $ to the £ when we last set the prices, now its 1.49!

Anyhow, we'll hold the pre-increase prices for the three shrouds you have reserved :)

Tom, Jamie, John,

I had a riveting time last night repricing our Astrozap products :)

We got around two $ to the £ when we last set the prices, now its 1.49!

Anyhow, we'll hold the pre-increase prices for the three shrouds you have reserved :)

Thanks Steve - that is appreciated :thumbright:

John

Wow - thanks Steve! :)

Jusat back from a weekend in rural Perthshire. The people we staye dwith live in a VERY dark sky area. Only had a wee 80mm WO 'fract with me on a Vixen Porta mount, but got some great observing on Friday evening. Better still - I am invited back any time I want to observe from their site - and they have a guest cottage I can sleep in :)

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

And here it is at FLO :(

Astrozap Light Shroud for Skywatcher Flextube

The attention to detail is impressive: quality breathable fabric, two slots for the black knobs on the upper tube, two sewn-in flexible ABS bands prevent the cloth from obstructing the light path and quick-release drawstrings ensure a secure fit. The shroud remains on the tube, folding neatly when the telescope is retracted.

astrozap_shroud_12_inch_flextube.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this thread. I bought the 12" Astrozap lightshroud for my Flextube from Steve (FLO) a few months back.

It is easy to fit, doesn't get in the way of the "concertinaed" OTA, fits snugly and does what it says on the box. An added benefit is that it seems to almost completely stop any dewing on the secondary. Before fitting the secondary tended to dew up in about an hour (in West of Scotland damp conditions), but with the lightshroud fitted I have used the 'scope for 3.5 hrs with no dewing - despite the surface of both the OTA and lightshoud covered in ice rime.

Tom

These should be considered almost essential equipment with a truss tube dob IMHO. I've bought an Astrozap from FLO for my Lightbridge 12" and it's made a huge difference to the scopes useability.

Great product :)

John

Archived