NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI 533 MC Pro just arrived...

fwm891

Literally just arrived. Currently capturing 2 min darks. Display in SGP is superb, flat grey images at full screen, random H&C pixels evident at 400%. Captures at -15°C, unity gain/offset. Not even a hint of amp glow or banding.

Will post a single and master dark once I've finished shooting them...

Couple of screen grabs:

Screen grab 2 min dark.png

Screen grab 2 min dark400%.png

Edited by fwm891
Screen grabs added
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Craig a said:

I too have just got this camera and looking forward to a good night with it, I tried getting to -15 with darks but only managed down to -12 in our house, too warm in here will take some by doing it outside instead 

Yes had a similar problem. Took it out to the obs and all went well. Now I have a stack of subs to play with...

53 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Yes had a similar problem. Took it out to the obs and all went well. Now I have a stack of subs to play with...

You had a night on a target? If so what was it and what gain did you use? I had a test on ngc7331 galaxy with a lp filter, gain 100 offset of 50 180 sec subs and my mean adu was 3500 I was expecting a higher value than that with gain 100 and 3 min subs, I’m interested in your numbers 😀

1 hour ago, Craig a said:

You had a night on a target? If so what was it and what gain did you use? I had a test on ngc7331 galaxy with a lp filter, gain 100 offset of 50 180 sec subs and my mean adu was 3500 I was expecting a higher value than that with gain 100 and 3 min subs, I’m interested in your numbers 😀

Hi Craig, I only got the camera today. I've spent most of the time since it arrived capturing calibration subs. It's suposed to clear here later so I'm hoping! I'll be using 100 gain and will probably play with the offset settings.

I'll be looking straight overhead around Cepheus with an IDAS NB-1 filter mounted. The cloud still looks mighty thick!!!

Further process this morning in PI and tweaks in PS.

PI used via it's weighted pre processing script, then numerous minr applications of saturation, curves transform , SCNR, histogram transform.... before heading to PS.

As you can tell from the file name this is the fifth version. There will likely be others but more subs under a moonless sky are needed to rescue this image.

Imaged with an Altair 115 EDT APO, ASI 533 MC Pro and an IDAS NB-1 Triband filter.

NGC6888_533_115_5th_PI-PS.png

Edited by fwm891
text added