NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gifts from above?

FLO

I think all the elements that are in space are present here on the earth, the only difference is the quantities. For example the iridium layer from the astroid that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs, common in space, rare here on the earth as far as im aware. Also Helium 3, very rare on earth, but the moon is full of it apparently.

Buckminsterfullerene

Sorry Mike, I read your reply, and had a senior moment, wondered what the heck "Buckfast" had do with answer, then I reread your post and all became clear. hic!

naz

Very interesting article Mike :lol:

Particularly the part where it says:

While the findings illustrate that impact with large space bodies can be detrimental to life on Earth, Becker noted that there also is evidence they might have been key to life starting here in the first place. Some scientists believe the first life-forming chemicals were deposited on Earth in collisions with comets or asteroids, and some believe comets carried virtually all of the water that exists on the planet today

Archived