Registax

Jane C

Hi:

I am really fond of Registax 6 and it does a great job, but for one really irksome problem:  the backgrounds are too light for an imaging PC.  The opening screen has a lot of white background, and when you are using it, there are too many parts of the screen with white & light grey backgrounds.  They ruin the dark adjustment of your eyes, and illuminate the whole environment like the proverbial whorehouse on a Saturday night.  That's not a good look when you are observing.

So, either:

• Please can anyone tell me how to make these regions dark, preferably black?

Or:

• Is there an alternative that's equally capable?

Thank you.

Jane.

15 minutes ago, Jane C said:

Hi:

I am really fond of Registax 6 and it does a great job, but for one really irksome problem:  the backgrounds are too light for an imaging PC.  The opening screen has a lot of white background, and when you are using it, there are too many parts of the screen with white & light grey backgrounds.  They ruin the dark adjustment of your eyes, and illuminate the whole environment like the proverbial whorehouse on a Saturday night.  That's not a good look when you are observing.

So, either:

• Please can anyone tell me how to make these regions dark, preferably black?

Or:

• Is there an alternative that's equally capable?

Thank you.

Jane.

Are you looking for image processing software or image capture software?

I don't tend to do any stacking when I'm observing, but one mod some people use for reducing the glare of a screen whilst observing is to put a sheet of red acetate over the front.  The problem I guess is that whilst it would be ok for stacking, it's not at all helpful when adjusting colours.

Autostakkert is the obvious alternative to Registax for stacking, but that's all it does.  You might well still want to pull stacked images into Registax for sharpening and adjusting colour balance etc.

James