Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wish I had a garden

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

My new setup with the Bresser 100 mak is getting a lot more use than the 127 I used to have. Just seems to “fit” my needs better for a little grab’n’go setup.

46B88777-1400-40B4-9CEA-D2B04E0896CB.jpeg

That looks a really great grab and go set up John, something to think on, I like my skymax 127 but could go for a 102 as pixies suggests 

Hi there !!

In my case, my observatory is my 2nd high-flat kitchen´s window !! :)

I´m building a wood table to use on the window sill, with some other help to keep it stable and horizontal, and then put on top of it a mini-pier and a grab and go refractor (tiny, as I need to store it somehwere inside)...

That will help with my now naked-eye observations from a window :D

Let´s keep moving, and at the end it will become the most use place for us :)

Regards,

Miguel

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyctimene said:

Blessed with Bortle 3 skies, and a south-east view, you will have not to shy away from observing through your window.

German amateur (semi - professional) Klaus Wenzel, in Wenigumstadt (near Frankfurt) is observing with his 12" Dobsonian very successfully DSO's, Quasars and variable stars, through his roof-window, have a look:

DSC_0593.thumb.JPG.bb2e16896fd9dde65656d443e429162d.JPG

Stephan

Hi Stephan 

I like the sliding roof window Claus has and he certainly has a restricted view like mine and his even more so, thats a massive telescope, I'm quite happy with my 150p anything else would be to big for my room, clear skies 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miguel_EA1HTA said:

Hi there !!

In my case, my observatory is my 2nd high-flat kitchen´s window !! :)

I´m building a wood table to use on the window sill, with some other help to keep it stable and horizontal, and then put on top of it a mini-pier and a grab and go refractor (tiny, as I need to store it somehwere inside)...

That will help with my now naked-eye observations from a window :D

Let´s keep moving, and at the end it will become the most use place for us :)

Regards,

Miguel

That sounds a great solution for yourself and definitely ways and means of restricted viewing options indoors 

I too live in a first floor flat coversion without access to a garden and my window in my living room overlooks onto the street (northern view) with streetlights. I wish I had picked up this hobby before signing for it!

I do however have a large loft which I would like to add windows on in the next two years with a potential large rooftop terrace. For now, I will have to make do with a window and taking the scope to my parents who have a garden, though I'm still in London 😪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maho said:

I too live in a first floor flat coversion without access to a garden and my window in my living room overlooks onto the street (northern view) with streetlights. I wish I had picked up this hobby before signing for it!

I do however have a large loft which I would like to add windows on in the next two years with a potential large rooftop terrace. For now, I will have to make do with a window and taking the scope to my parents who have a garden, though I'm still in London 😪

Hi, the addition of windows in the loft would be a great addition for you and give you some great views

• Like 1