NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Second steps at EAA

callump

Last nights sky was pretty rubbish, but I thought i would see if the 'new' setup would work better than my last attempt having fixed the back-focus 'problem' I had before.

All taken with a C11 and 0.63 FR, and ASI174MM mini camera. All 12 x 10s exposures, stacked in Siril. No darks or flats (obviously from the images...).

Tried also for Pal 10 but not a good enough image to share here (just about visible with extreme stretch), and NGC 7006 but the cloud had closed in too much by then.

M27

m27_r_light_stacked_hist_800.jpg.3d9a43da0cf3866cfbf87a7b130b3e60.jpg

M57

m57_r_cc_light_stacked_eq_800.jpg.a5de75045fcfef03ce41c93c81cdd753.jpg

M71

m71_r_cc_light_stacked_800.jpg.5d6080a9301004a8aac368d7aef6cb68.jpg

/callump

• Like 7

Hi Callum

These are looking good. That's a nice combination you have and should pull out plenty of resolution on the best nights.

Speaking as a frequent poster myself of faint and barely visible stuff the Palomar clusters I've observed tend to be hard to make out but with extreme stretching can be rendered visible even if the rest of the frame suffers from noise -- not a problem in EEVA style observing!  

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Callum, progress indeed and as Martin indicates the Pal Globulars are tricky objects to track down. Have fun doing it.

I have often thought about getting the ASI174 Mini and using it with my C11 but not being very software savvy I struggle to use anything other than SLL and Jocular. Very interested to see how you get on with your set up.

Mike

On 10/08/2020 at 11:01, Mike JW said:

Hi Callum, progress indeed and as Martin indicates the Pal Globulars are tricky objects to track down. Have fun doing it.

I have often thought about getting the ASI174 Mini and using it with my C11 but not being very software savvy I struggle to use anything other than SLL and Jocular. Very interested to see how you get on with your set up.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'll post a write-up of the setup into the Discussions in the next day or so.

Callum