NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another go at the sun!

simmo39

14 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

You could benefit with a tilt plate to help with the Newton rings. Great though, well done. Also have you tried I'mPPG for post stacking?

Hi Nigella, Thank you.  Im alredy using a tilt plate and have got it at such an angle that looks ridiculous. I think its the camera. Im hopeing to invest on a ASI 178mm to see if that helps. I have been using ImPPG but find it very fickel to use, sometimes I get what i think is a good result with it but I cant seem to get it to work everytime.

I understand the ASI120mm is prone to Newton Rings. I moved to the 174mm and haven’t had an issue even with a 5x powermate, hopefully the 178mm will do the same. There are some good videos on YouTube showing various imPPG processing methods. I found this one particularly helpful. Its a bit long but Percy de Vere!

The part with imPPG is around the 32 min 40 second mark.

John

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I understand the ASI120mm is prone to Newton Rings. I moved to the 174mm and haven’t had an issue even with a 5x powermate, hopefully the 178mm will do the same. There are some good videos on YouTube showing various imPPG processing methods. I found this one particularly helpful. Its a bit long but Percy de Vere!

The part with imPPG is around the 32 min 40 second mark.

John

Thanks for the pointer, i will check it out.