Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starnet ++ PI module issue

johngm

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully installed Starnet + +Pixinsight module for windows 10 ?. I am having issues with Pixinsight  not seeing the module. First, a run down on my laptop.

It Has an intel 4000 series Dual core processor, 8GB  ram, (shared Graphics) and 512GB SSD dirive. From the readme doc, it meets the requirements. Its a Windows 10 64 Bit OS, and my PI is version 1.8.8.5 the most up to date.

Installation procedure. 

I am following the instructions in the readme file. Downloading the Starnet_PI_Windows.zip file, Unzipping this file. Then i open the unzipped folder and copy and then paste the files into the PI Bin folder, as per instruction. Next i open PI, and navigate to Process > Modules > Install Modules. Then when the dialog opens, i hit the search tab, but i then get the message "0 new modules found"

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Regards in advance

John

Hi John ...

If I remember correctly there are two versions of Starnet++ that can be downloaded for Win10 computers ....  " StarNet_Win"  and also "StarNet_PI ".

The "Win" version is a standalone version .... and the "Pi" version works as a module inside PixInsight.

I got Starnet to work inside PixInsight without much hassle .... there was a "read Me " file in the zipped download folder giving instructions how to install it into Pix 🙂

Mike

6 hours ago, johngm said:

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully installed Starnet + +Pixinsight module for windows 10 ?. I am having issues with Pixinsight  not seeing the module. First, a run down on my laptop.

It Has an intel 4000 series Dual core processor, 8GB  ram, (shared Graphics) and 512GB SSD dirive. From the readme doc, it meets the requirements. Its a Windows 10 64 Bit OS, and my PI is version 1.8.8.5 the most up to date.

Installation procedure. 

I am following the instructions in the readme file. Downloading the Starnet_PI_Windows.zip file, Unzipping this file. Then i open the unzipped folder and copy and then paste the files into the PI Bin folder, as per instruction. Next i open PI, and navigate to Process > Modules > Install Modules. Then when the dialog opens, i hit the search tab, but i then get the message "0 new modules found"

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Regards in advance

John

Did you restart PI after copying the files?

3 hours ago, SlimPaling said:

Hi John ...

If I remember correctly there are two versions of Starnet++ that can be downloaded for Win10 computers ....  " StarNet_Win"  and also "StarNet_PI ".

The "Win" version is a standalone version .... and the "Pi" version works as a module inside PixInsight.

I got Starnet to work inside PixInsight without much hassle .... there was a "read Me " file in the zipped download folder giving instructions how to install it into Pix 🙂

Mike

Yes, i followed the instructions to a Tee, and installled the Starnet++ PI window module  but to no avail, followed the readme file 😩