Why not add to the NEOWISE list?!?

9 minutes ago, astro_john_palmer said:

Thanks Richard! (This is just down the road from you in Hullbridge, looking over the river to South Woodham Ferrers)

I wondered where you were when I saw you were in Essex. A lovely setting. :) 

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 1

I went out to view the comet on the 14th of July at around 11pm using my Celestron 15x70 pro binoculars .

I located the comet right away and I could not believe how large and clear it was .

On the Wednesday I went to our local dark sky field with my grandson who took his new canon camera with him we viewed Jupiter and Saturn which were also  superb and first for my grandson.

We then searched for and located the comet and once again it was great  I took my 15x70 binoculars and my Meade etx90 telescope .

I then showed my grandson around the sky which by this time was really dark and clear ,I now have two new astronomers the fist is my eldest grandmaster and now my grandson

Now I know all my kit will eventually have good homes

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alan White said:

Nice images and a very familiar view for me, I am an Essex boy too.

Funnily got my first Neowise view from Hullbridge looking towards South Woodham a while back now.

Ah nice. I went there twice. Once when it was more of an early morning comet and once just after it had moved more to the evening. This was from the boat launch ramp next to The Anchor.

• Like 1