Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Farewell, and hello again...

...Thursday night looked like the final opportunity for a decent look at the comet.  Waxing moon and cloudy forecasts.

I realised that I could get an image of The Plough, NEOWISE and my home from the other side of Swaledale.  Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm, 8s, f1.4, iso800.  Foreground taken 5 mins earlier before the streetlights are turned off.

After leaving the comet I turned around to find that darkness had returned over the past 2 weeks and the summer Milky Way was visible to the south.  Same tech. details.

A short cruise of the Milky Way and Messier objects with the binoculars finished off a lovely session.  :)

Wishing all the best for the new astro season!  Paul

IMG_2086 full lighting-2 small.jpg

IMG_2116 proc half.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 9

Captures the essence of this occurrence and the Summer Milky Way perfectly, evoking this stage of Summer from your northerly latitude. These wide field images are great for observers, as it can stir up a memory, such as my own recent dark sky encounter a little further north of you.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scarp15 said:

Captures the essence of this occurrence and the Summer Milky Way perfectly, evoking this stage of Summer from your northerly latitude. These wide field images are great for observers, as it can stir up a memory, such as my own recent dark sky encounter a little further north of you. 

Thank you Iain.  These are memories we need  :) 

• Like 1